Friday 28 March 2014

Evaluation Task 4: Director's Commentary



By using digital media technologies I have used technological convergence to ensure that I have produced three products as a part of a successful campaign. The use of digital technology and the introduction of the online age has enabled me to become a prosumer. This is shown through my creation of media products such as the website, digipak and music video for our artist Rosie May. The use of Final Cut Pro as a tool and linear piece of editing software has taught me how to synchronise music and film together as well as cut and create a music video to a near professional standard. I have also been able to share ideas and research real media products, helping me to investigate star image and target audiences. Digital technology has made available to me opportunities to upload, share and distribute my products using YouTube as a free online broadcast platform. It is also interactive as audiences have been able to feedback, like and comment on my products enabling us to get feedback on how our target audience wants us to modify our campaign. This is something Henry Jenkins called 'participatory culture', where audiences can interact with products and take advantage of opportunities presented to them, allowing them to get involved with their favourite artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment