Friday 28 March 2014

Focus Group Improvements

Since gathering together a group of students and showing them our various products for our project we gained certain elements of feedback that would help to improve our work.

The main piece of feedback that I reflected upon and could easily work to correct was the fact that a person thought that the front of the digipak did not show off the artist or represent her boldly to its full ability. I was also told that the incorporation of the Banksy artwork of the kissing policemen may be slightly too controversial for the front of an album cover, especially when Rosie May is a new artist and the public are being newly exposed to this artist.

Therefore, below I have shown the improvement that I have made to the front of the digipak resulting from this feedback. To do this I employed my knowledge and skill in digital technologies in order to use the image manipulation program of Photoshop. I used the eyedropper tool in order to pick a colour from the surrounding background to replace the dark hues of the painted artwork stencil. I then used the brush tool in order to paint over the artwork with this selected lighter background colour as to cover up the Banksy graffiti.

Front Album Cover (before)

Front Album Cover (after)

No comments:

Post a Comment